The World Athletics Cross Country Championships Bathurst 21 Global Challenge is a virtual run where people can complete their run anywhere at any time. Safety is the participant's responsibility, and they must consider numerous aspects before commencing a walk or run. We have a checklist that we strongly suggest all competitors adhere to when preparing and participating.
- Ensure you conduct the performance in an area you are familiar with and conduct a recce/familiarisation of the route before starting your run/walk.
- Consider not scheduling your run during peak times on bike paths, athletics tracks, and ovals to ensure everyone's safety and a seamless run for you.
- Choose a route that is safe from vehicles (do not run on a road with traffic) and is safe underfoot to avoid tripping hazards.
- Ensure you understand and comply with the COVID-19 government regulations before commencing your run. Each country will have different regulations, so you must ensure you conform to these rules and ensure you are practicing good hygiene, social distancing, and do not participate if you are feeling unwell.
- Plan to conduct your run/walk in daylight, ensuring adequate and safe lighting and avoiding severe heat or cold weather conditions.
- Carry a mobile phone with you, and if you are under 18, ensure you have permission from a parent/guardian prior to commencing the run, and if over 18, we suggest letting a friend or family member know of your run and proposed route.
- Have a hydration plan, adequate to suit the needs of the distance and weather conditions.
- Avoid any animals, either wild or pets.
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- Carry any necessary medication with you.
It is also important to note the following rules and regulations for this event;
If you are looking to have your official ranking recorded and ratified and qualify for the World Athletics Cross Country Championships Global Challenge finals, please ensure you follow the below event rules.
- Each person under 14 must have parental permission by signing up to enter.
- Each participant must run the nominated distance using a GPS device (such as a Garmin or Apple Watch). You must submit a screenshot of your complete run on your chosen device when uploading your result. We recommend you use RunKeeper, which is FREE and can be downloaded from Apple and Android App stores.
- Gradients cannot exceed 50 meters in downhill through the overall distance of a participants run.
- The finish location must not exceed more than 50% from the start line ( as a crow flies) of the total distance run. Ie, if you run 5 km, the finish cannot be more than 2.5 km away from the start.
- Times for the top 10 from each individual division and age group and teams will be ratified by official administration, who have discretion if they feel someone hasn’t followed the outlined procedure or process.
- All participants must compete in line with the various COVID-19 government regulations in your jurisdiction or any other government laws and regulations. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- All participants will agree to other terms and conditions in the waiver section of the registration portal.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend or vary these rules and other procedures, regulations, and processes associated with this event.