JOIN THE CAUSE AND MOVE YOUR PAWS TO HELP ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST VULNERABLE SPECIES - POLAR BEARS!
Open to anyone looking to move their body with a purpose; runners, walkers, fitness folk, and polar bear fans of all ages and abilities. Did you know that polar bears are capable of travelling over 2,000 km in a single month? Can we collectively travel that far for EACH of the Toronto Zoo’s 5 resident polar bears? It’s an impressive goal, but big goals are achieved through the smaller contributions of our many movers.
From February 27 to March 29, we’re challenging you to set a goal to run or walk as many kilometres as you can to help us move Hudson, Humphrey, Aurora, Nikita, and Juno (Toronto Zoo’s 5 polar bear residents) over 2,000 km each. That’s a COLLECTIVE goal of 10,000 kilometres in one month!
Not only are we moving with a distance goal in mind, but we will also be moving together towards a fundraising goal! Share your fundraising page and help us raise over $35,000 for the Toronto Zoo Wildlife Conservancy in support of polar bear conservation.
Be sure to keep an eye on our social channels for progress updates on both the distance and fundraising goals.
What are you waiting for?
Let’s MOVE THOSE PAWS!
What You Get
Each participant will receive:
- An exclusive Move Your Paws Participant Shirt
- A Finisher Medal featuring the Toronto Zoo's beloved polar bear Hudson
- Complimentary entry to the Toronto Zoo, redeemable in 2021
- A Digital Finisher's Certificate
- A seamless experience from registration to fundraising to distance tracking all on one platform
- Access to our online community of movers
How to Participate
You can run or walk to accumulate your distance any time between February 27 – March 29, 2021. Upload your activities and track your progress on the Race Roster Challenge Platform. Add to your distance all month long to reach your goal!
How to Input Your Results
Each time you complete an activity, you will track it on the Race Roster Challenge Platform by following these steps:
- Go to the Race Roster Challenge Platform.
- Log into your Race Roster account.
- Click the ‘Post An Activity’ button.
- Add your activity details.
- Select ‘Submit Activity’.
Remember to follow the Challenge Safety Tips.
Where to Participate
Wherever you are! The joy of participating in a virtual challenge is you can move indoors or outdoors, and even start right outside your front door. Read our Challenge Safety Tips in the Knowledge Base (FAQs) and follow the guidelines outlined by your local government to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe.
$40.00Jan. 12 - Mar. 29
(Ages 12 and under)
$25.00Jan. 12 - Mar. 29
$35.00Jan. 12 - Mar. 29
(Ages 12 and under)
$20.00Jan. 12 - Mar. 29
- Event contact
- Canada Running Series / Circuit du Canada