What do I get with my Challenge entry?
Each participant will receive:
- An exclusive Move Your Paws Participant Shirt
- A Finisher Medal featuring the Toronto Zoo's beloved polar bear Hudson
- Complimentary entry to the Toronto Zoo, redeemable in 2021
- A Digital Finisher's Certificate
- A seamless experience from registration to fundraising to distance tracking all on one platform
- Access to our online community of movers
Can I participate if I live outside of Canada?
Race kits won’t be shipped internationally, however if you live outside of Canada, you can still participate by shipping to a Canadian address or encouraging a friend or family member in the Greater Toronto Area to pick up your race kit on your behalf. Be sure to check out the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, where people can participate, and receive their race kit, across the globe!
How can I donate to the Toronto Zoo Wildlife Conservancy?
Click Here to make a general donation.
Click Here to support a participant.
How can I fundraise in support of polar bear conservation?
It’s easy to get started – simply personalize your fundraising page and send it around to family and friends!
- To customize your page, select Donate to participant, search for your name, and click on Donate next to your profile.
- Sign in to Race Roster if not yet logged in (top right).
- Click Edit fundraising page below the profile image on the right-hand side.
- Specify your fundraising goal, write a personal message, and upload a photo.
Be sure to scroll down and click Save updated fundraising information.
DURING THE CHALLENGE
How do I input my distance?
Participants will be able to input their distances from February 27 to March 29. Each time you complete an activity, track it on the Race Roster Challenge Platform by following these steps:
- Go to the Race Roster Challenge Platform
- Log in to your Race Roster account
- Click the ‘Post An Activity’ button
- Add your activity details
- Select ‘Submit Activity’
When can I run or walk the Challenge?
We challenge you to complete as many kilometres as you can to help us reach our collective 10,000 km goal between February 27 – March 29.
Where can I run or walk the Challenge?
Wherever you are! The joy of participating in a virtual challenge is you can move indoors or outdoors, and even start right outside your front door. Read our Challenge Safety Tips below and follow the guidelines outlined by your local government to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe.
Do I have to run or walk my full distance goal at one time?
Definitely not! You have 32 days to complete as many kilometres, running or walking, anywhere and anytime you want.
What is the total distance I have to move?
There is no individual requirement. Set your own goal and move your paws all month long! Collectively, we hope to move 10,000 kilometres!
Are there any Challenge Safety Tips?
- Complete your challenge solo. Do not run or walk with anyone else, unless they live in your household.
- If you are moving with someone from your household, move single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely.
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
- Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Use a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
- Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route. There are no water stations along the way in a virtual space.
- Carry a cell phone with you and tell someone the route you will follow in case of an emergency.
*Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
When will I get my race kit?
Participants can select a pickup or shipping option during registration. These schedules are subject to change based on local COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON M1B 5K7)
Canada Running Series Warehouse (73 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 4/5, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5T4)
In light of the recent extension to Toronto’s stay-at-home order, our team will be postponing both race kit pickup and shipping to keep our participants and staff safe.
We hope to be able to reschedule race kit pickup and resume shipping soon. We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide you with additional information no later than March 6th.
Why is there a $10 Shipping Fee?
The shipping fee covers packaging, labour & postage/courier fees.
If someone in my household also registers, can we pay one $10 Shipping Fee?
Each entry gets packaged and mailed separately and incurs the same $10 fee. Unfortunately, combining race kits for the same household to reduce cost of shipping is not possible. Please note that race kits that are mailed to the same address may arrive on different days.