What is Love is Love Mile?
he idea for the Love is Love Mile goes back a few years. While it was originally meant to be run in conjunction with the Pride Parade, we are excited to bring it to you as a virtual event, as part of Calgary' Pride's B!G Pride Festival, for a second year in a row.
Run or walk a virtual mile anywhere and anytime during Calgary Pride week from August 27th to September 6th.
Like all Run Calgary events, this is an inclusive event open and welcome to everyone. The Love is Love Mile celebrates our individuality and we encourage you to show up and just be you.
Our goals are many... to bring two exceptional communities together, fundraise for Calgary Pride, make fitness more accessible to the LGBTQ2S+ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Two-Spirit +) community and, finally, to further a culture of learning and allyship in the running community.
Let's be real for a minute... couldn't we all use a LOT more love right now?
What is included in my race kit?
Your Love is Love Mile kit includes:
- A Love is Is Love Unisex Singlet
- Personalized Love is Love race bib
- Love is Love finisher's medal
- Downloadable finisher's badge
- Downloadable finisher's certificate
- Opportunity to help support Calgary Pride
- Eligibility for awesome prizes
- Goodies from partners for those doing curbside pickup
Is this a family-friendly race?
You bet. Unisex singlets are available in size XXS, which translates approximately to a Youth L. Additionally, if you register three or more participants in one transaction you automatically receive a group discount of 10%.
When will I get my race packet in the mail?
Packages will be mailed the week August 16th. Please note that packages are sent via standard mail and will not have a tracking number.
When and where do I pick up my package via curbside pickup?
Curbside pick-up at the Run Calgary Headquarters - Unit 17 - 1515 Highfield Cres. SE:
- Tuesday August 24 - 10am - 4pm
- Wednesday August 25 - 12am - 6:30pm
**Registered after the package pick-up dates? Please contact email@example.com to arrange to get your swag.
What do I do when I arrive at curbside pickup?
- Please park in an assigned stall out front and then call our office number (403-264-2996)
- Be prepared to tell us what stall you're in, color and make of your car, how many packages you are picking up and the full names of the people you are picking up for.
- Someone will bring out your swag to your car and put it in your trunk or through a window.
How do I track my run?
- It is not not mandatory to track your time for the virtual race.
- For those who wish to track their time, there are a number of tracking options, including RunKeeper which syncs automatically to your Race Roster account and the Leaderboard.
- Tracking your time but don't want to use RunKeeper? You are welcome to run using your favorite app, or a good old fashioned watch. You will just need to ensure you make a note of, or take a screen-capture or picture of your finishing time. You will then need to manually upload your time and optional screenshot/picture to the Leaderboard.
- Please note, if you plan to break up the KMs throughout the duration of the race period, you will not be able to track your run with the RunKeeper race option or use its associated features.
How do I use the Virtual Results Leaderboard?
- If you are using RunKeeper to track your run, your results will automatically upload to the Virtual Leaderboard.
- If you are not using RunKeeper, and need to post manually, simply head to the results page and “Submit Virtual Result”. Your confirmation number and last name will be needed to confirm your registration before submitting your results. You also have the option to upload a photo or screenshot of your time. Please note that only one photo/screenshot can be uploaded for each participant.
- If you want to race yourself and improve your time you can change your result on the Leaderboard, but this will have to be done manually. You can only sync your run with RunKeeper once.
- The Leaderboard is an honour system, and therefore there are no time-based awards and/or qualifying times.
- Click on your name in the Leaderboard to access and download your finisher certificate
What can I win?
Use the #runcalgaryvirtual and tag @runcalgary for chances to win great prizes each day during the race window. You will have to wait to find out!
Where do the funds raised go?
Funds raised go to Calgary Pride, a not-for-profit organization that exists to promote equality and celebrate Calgary’s diversity.