Skip to main content

Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum

Raise money for Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum

Opened in 2004, Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum highlights artifacts from Island families and Island history since its first settlement in 1789, when it was originally named Isle Tonti. Items in the collection include the MV Amherst Islander’s ship’s wheel, bell, and logs. Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act, the Museum itself is also an exhibit having once been owned by James S. Neilson, an island grain merchant who opened his first general store in 1873, with the store remaining in the Neilson family for more than one hundred years.

Recent donors

Recent donors
Date Name Amount
Aug 03 Anonymous Undisclosed amount
Aug 03 Dylan Poffley Undisclosed amount
Aug 01 Anonymous $25.00
Aug 01 Robert Almas $25.00
Jul 28 Anonymous Undisclosed amount
Jul 09 Anonymous Undisclosed amount
Jun 07 Anonymous $10.00
May 26 William Cook Undisclosed amount
May 07 Anonymous Undisclosed amount