2021. One Year. 2 Events.
Registration is now Closed for 2021. There is no late registration due to the various protocols and procedures we have to have in place this year. If you missed registration, we look forward to seeing you in 2022!
With our constantly evolving world, we started off the year offering the Royal Flush Virtual Series, very unsure of whether we would be able to host an in-person event this October. And up until May, we were still unsure.
With constant improvements in BC, we have decided to host a half marathon and 8K race on October 10, 2021. We won’t be hosting the marathon distance, and it won’t be quite the big event of the past (we’ll save that for 2022!), but it will be an opportunity for us to enjoy the City of Victoria and our love of running in this community. The in-person event will be subject to Provincial Health Orders at the time of the race.
There are still two event options for this year. You can run/walk the Royal Flush virtual event or you can register for the RVM half marathon or 8K distances for an in-person event in October.
If you are already registered for the Royal Flush and/or deferred your registration from 2020, we have sent you further information on June 7th. Please check your inbox.
A few quick facts about the event in October. Some of these may be subject to change as we confirm what we can and cannot do this fall due to COVID restrictions:
- Registrants will receive a New Balance Logo'd Shirt, Medal and Race Bag (long sleeve for the Half, short sleeve for the 8K).
- At this point, we are planning an out and back course along Dallas Road, starting and finishing in the Inner Harbour. We will have a course map on our website as soon as we are able to have it approved and certified.
- The event will be pared down this year, with no expo, carbo gala, bus tours, etc. We are thrilled to have an in-person event in 2021 and will bring everything back (including the marathon distance) in 2022.
- You cannot run the half marathon twice in order to complete a marathon.
- There will be a course time limit of 3hr 30min for the half marathon and 90 minutes for the 8K.
- We will be capping the events at 3400 for the half marathon and 2400 for the 8K.
- There will be no strollers or pets allowed on the course. Nordic poles will only be allowed for mobility impaired participants.
- The event will be dependent upon the Public Health Orders in place at the time.
- There will be no refunds. If we are required to cancel the event, we will defer all registrations to 2022. You can find more information HERE
- At this point we will not be having an elite program. We encourage elites to register online.
RVM HALF MARATHON & 8K IN-PERSON PRICES
|Distance||Launch June 8 to June 22||June 23 to July 15||July 16 to Sept 15||Sept 16 to Oct 1|
PLEASE NOTE: A $10 COVID protocol fee will be added to your RVM registration
You can also still register for the VIRTUAL ROYAL FLUSH
You can run/walk the Royal Flush virtual event or you can register for the half marathon or 8K distances for an in-person event in October (registration opened June 8). We also invite those who have registered for the 5 event bundle of the Royal Flush to run their half marathon in person or switch their 10K to an 8K and run that on race weekend.
- The Royal Flush is made of 5 event distances that you can run between May through October 31, 2021.
- Sign up for all 5, or a pair of events, or a single event. Run one a month or run them all in one week and post your results on RunKeeper to be eligible for prizes.
- The 5 distances are 1 Mile (Adult & KidSport Categories), 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, and Marathon.
- Each event has its' own participant package which you will receive at the end of the Series in October. (Note: If you sign up for more than 1 event you will only receive 1 race bag)
- Sign up for the Royal Flush (all 5 Events and you will receive 5 medals and a special Royal Flush Medal; plus swag from each distance) OR Royal Flush (all 5 Events and you will receive 1 special Royal Flush Medal but not the individual event Medals; plus swag from each distance)
- Virtual Marathon - Long Sleeved Half/Quarter Zip New Balance Logo'd Marathon Shirt, Medal and Race Bag
- Virtual Half Marathon - Long Sleeved New Balance Logo'd Half Marathon Shirt, Medal and Race Bag
- Virtual 10K - Short Sleeved New Balance Logo'd Marathon Shirt, Medal and Race Bag
- Virtual 5K - endur souvenir toque, a medal and race bag
- Virtual 5K - KidSport - endur souvenir toque, a medal and race bag
- Virtual 1 Mile - Adult - endur souvenir socks, a medal and race bag
- Virtual 1 Mile - KidSport - a souvenir logo'd neck gaiter/buff, medal and race bag
ROYAL FLUSH VIRTUAL PRICES
|Distance||Launch (Feb 24th - March 31st)||Early (April 1 - 30th)||Regular (May 1-Sept 1)|
|Virtual Half Marathon||$55||$60||$65|
|Virtual Mile (Adult / KidSport)||$20||$25||$30|
|Virtual Royal Flush - 5 pak - 5 medals + Series Medal||$180||$195||$200|
|Virtual Royal Flush - 5 pak - includes the Series Medal (but not the 5 separate medals)||$155||$170||$180|
|Virtual Pair - Marathon / Half||$120||$130||$140|
|Virtual Pair - Half / 10K||$90||$100||$110|
|Virtual Pair - 10K / 5K||$55||$65||$75|
|Virtual Pair - 5K / Mile (Adult / KidSport)||$35||$45||$55|
NOTE: Registration in each event is capped.
Shipping is extra and depending on where you live and how many events you register for, shipping costs need to be added during registration. We will be arranging in-person pick-up or drop-off in Victoria, Nanaimo, and Vancouver but if you live in one of these centres and you would like to have your package delivered you can add shipping to your registration.
NOTE: There is no shipping option for the live event.
|Events||Pick-Up Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver|
Shipping within Canada
|Shipping to the US||International Shipping|
|Virtual Royal Flush - 5 Events||$0||$20||$30||$35|
|Virtual Pair of Events|
- Half / Full, 10k / H, 5k / 10k
|Virtual Pair - 1k / 5k||$0||$10||$15||$20|
|Virtual Single Event||$0||$10||$10||$20|
NEED2 Suicide Prevention Education & SupportRaised:
The Starfish Canada
Oceanside Running Club AssociationRaised:
Lifetime Networks Runners
|1||View fundraiser page for Andrew||
|View page for Andrew|
|2||View fundraiser page for Mackenzie||
|View page for Mackenzie|
|3||View fundraiser page for Vivian||
|View page for Vivian|
|4||View fundraiser page for Christine||
|View page for Christine|
|5||View fundraiser page for Erik||
|View page for Erik|