ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT STEPS FOR KIDS
(this includes information about the event and the online platform)
1. Is there a cost to register?
While there is no registration fee we do ask participants to consider fundraising to support children's mental health. Your help really makes a difference!
3. Is there a fundraising requirement to participate?
There is no fundraising minimum to take part. But whether you raise $10, $100, $500 or $1000, every dollar counts. The money you raise helps a child at your school, or a teenager who lives in your neighbourhood, or maybe even someone you know. Mental health affects everyone. Your donations matter!
4. What is a challenge?
The 2021 Steps for Kids has three different challenges you can choose! Feel free to walk, run, wheel or row your boat for 5, 10 or 20 kilometers! (26,000 steps is approximately 20 K). You can choose one challenge or complete all three - participate as an individual, with your family or join a team. You can even combine distances to complete the challenge.
5. How are fundraising proceeds used from Lutherwood Steps for Kids?
Your efforts to fundraise make an extraordinary difference in the lives of the children and youth in our community who struggle with mental health concerns. Fundraised dollars enable Lutherwood to bridge gaps in government funding, provide therapeutic programming and so much more.
6. Where do I mail donation cheques?
Please mail all cheques to:
Lutherwood Child and Family Foundation
285 Benjamin Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 3Z4
*If you want your donation credited to a specific person, please write in the memo field on your cheque: Steps for Kids, c/o "participants name".
7. Who should cheque be payable to?
Please make your cheque payable to The Lutherwood Child and Family Foundation
Online platform frequently asked questions
You can find all FAQ’s by following this link: https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/categories/201359043-Participants-and-Fundraisers
We have also included some of the
most common questions below:
1. How do I set up my participant page? https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/214591003-How-do-I-set-up-my-personal-pledge-page-
2. How do I share my participant pledge page with others? https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/213146126-How-do-I-share-my-pledge-page-
3. How do I create a team? https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/213155766-How-do-I-create-a-team-
4. How do I join a team that is already created? https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046736591-How-do-I-join-a-team-
5. How do I join a team AFTER I have registered? https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005066763-How-do-I-add-myself-to-a-team-after-registration-
6. How to register multiple people at once. https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/213140306-How-can-I-sign-up-multiple-people-during-registration-
Showcasing your progress! - this is optional and just for fun!
1. How to add an activity for a virtual challenge https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048543451-How-to-add-an-activity-for-a-Virtual-Challenge
2. How to upload your virtual results as a participant https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040695072-How-to-upload-your-virtual-results-as-a-participant
The Runkeeper App (Steps for Kids 2021 will not go 'live' on your Runkeeper App until May 2)
Race Roster (our online platform) is partnered with the ASICS Runkeeper App – this app is free to use, you DO NOT need to sign up for the subscription you are prompted for
1. How to use the ASICS Runkeeper APP and have results show up on the Steps for Kids website. https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043017931-How-do-I-use-ASICS-Runkeeper-app-to-track-my-virtual-run-and-make-sure-my-results-show-up-on-Race-Roster
2. To record your participation with the Runkeeper app, you will need to track your activity using your phone or with a connected wearable. You can follow these step-by-step instructions (with images) on how to track your participation using the ASICS Runkeeper app.
Other distance tracking Apps
Tracking with your Fitbit, Garmin,
or Apple Watch
You can track your participation using your Fitbit, Garmin, or Apple Watch earlier. You must download the Runkeeper app and connect your device prior to starting your activity. Follow these steps to add your Fitbit, Garmin, or Apple Watch activity to the Runkeeper app.
You can also upload your progress manually without using apps.