We are unable to make it our usual full live event this year
However, this coming Sunday (July 25th), our official event day, we will welcome all of you to ‘meander’ down to the foot of Leslie St, where we will be unofficially set up for a small gathering FUN RUN
Here are some updated notes for those wanting to do the timed fun-run tomorrow.
Please remember, this is a modified live event due to Covid. We are unable to hold a proper race. But we can offer you chip timing if you do your run tomorrow. Please read these details carefully to minimize questions for our small check in table Sunday am.
We will have a table set up where you can bring your bib (or pick it up onsite if you have not got yours yet) and have a timing chip affixed to the back. Then you can start your run, either on your own, or with a few friends, club mates in small groups (maximum size of 20 to start at one time) and run wherever you like. We cannot post a route but we will give you suggestions on where the best, public spot to run is with no car traffic to contend with.
Where to go tomorrow?
Go to the foot of Leslie, and look west on Unwin. You will find us there ready to give you a timing chip and sign in.
We are aiming for no lineups so feel free to come a bit later as there is no mass start, you can go off whenever you like. to check you in and give you a chip, tomorrow, anytime between 6:30 am and 10:30 am. (See below for run details.)
- We will not be doing mass starts. You start your run as soon as you want, after getting a timing chip. (after 7:00 am)
- Come see us at the BRC table/tent on Unwin to check in. You show up any time AFTER 6:30 am and check in with us.
- We will have a chip timing mat there to track your time and you’ll be automatically added to our official results.
- Runners who join us for our live event can start anytime between 7:00 am and 10:45 am as long as you leave yourself enough time to return by 11:15 am!
- Our timing will only be available until 11:15. That’s a possible 4 hours max so if you’re planning to walk the half marathon, please show up early.
- Note: Participants who cannot attend will still be able to run virtually on their own time before and enter their results online
- This is an unsupported run. You will not encounter any marshals or aid stations nor will there be any medical personnel out there. We are basically offering you chip timing for your run and trying to get runners together. Please bring your own water, and a watch or run tracking device to help you get the right distance. It will be up to you to run the proper distance. The suggested routes will be very simple.
- There is the possibility to have to stop for various reasons (traffic, pedestrians etc. Please use caution and understand it is a public route. you may request a time adjustment with us should this happen.
- Parking is limited.
- There will be No prizes or awards handed out for this year's event.
- Remember, due to Covid restrictions still in place, there will be no water or refreshments on course or afterward. Please bring your own!
- There will NOT be a Baggage check.
What is the Route?
We cannot post a route. We can however suggest you run from our timing mat set up near Leslie and Unwin, along the MGT trail, into Tommy Thompson Park* from the west entrance. then turn around and come back the same way when your timing device tells you you are at 2.5k if you're running the 5k, or at 5k if you're running the 10k (and then repeat that) or at 5.28k if you are doing the half marathon, and back (and then repeat that)
*No pets allowed in the Park!
NOTE: You may run whatever other route you like to get your distance but we are not responsible for stoppages due to traffic lights etc.
Our goal is to get the community out running in the same vicinity around the same time to create the feel of a live event. We promise we will hold a proper event as soon as we can, hopefully for the Tannenbaum 10k on December 5th.
Have fun out there!
Thank you for your understanding and support!