The Canmore Nordic Centre is Canada's premier cross country skiing and biathlon venue. Having hosted the nordic and biathlon events of the '88 Winter Olympics the Centre is host to regional, national and international events every winter.
*Please remember that the Nordic Centre requires that all racers carry bear spray during their run. This is a rule that applies to all events held at the Canmore Nordic Centre. If you have any questions about this, please call the Canmore Nordic Centre directly at 403-678-2400. Children are not required to carry bear spray. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation!
Race Distances & Maps:
Click on the links below for maps, elevation gain and loss, and aid station locations.
Kids - 1 km
Kids - 3 km
Sport - 6.8 km
Race distances are subject to change based on trail conditions up to the day of the race.
Finishers and volunteers will receive a stainless cup to enjoy a cold post-race beverage and many more hot and cold beverages in the future!
- September 9 5:00 p.m. MDT - Packet Pick Up Begins - Strides Canmore, 108-1240 Railway Avenue, Canmore, AB
- September 9 6:30 p.m. MDT - Packet Pick Up Ends - Strides Canmore
- September 10 8:30 a.m. MDT - Onsite Packet Pick Up Begins
- September 10 9:15 a.m. MDT - 3K Kid's Run Start
- September 10 9:30 a.m. MDT - Start of the Half Marathon and Enduro Back of the Packers
- September 10 9:40 a.m. MDT - 1k Kid's Race
- September 10 9:45 a.m. MDT - Packet Pick Up Closes
- September 10 10:00 a.m. MDT - Start of Wave # 1 – Speedy Runners
- September 10 10:05 a.m. MDT - Start of Wave # 2 – Mid Pack
- September 10 10:05 a.m. MDT - Start of Wave # 3 – Beer/Vino Club
- September 10 11:00 a.m. MDT - Post Race Food available in the Expo
- September 10 11:45 a.m. MDT - Verify Results
- September 10 12:00 p.m. MDT - Awards
- Event contact
- 5 Peaks Trail Running Series