Please note rules, pricing, course maps, and more can be found under each triathlon discipline. See the tab on the left of the page and select your desired discipline.
KIDS TRI EVENTS
- 4 - 6 YEARS (Nippers) - Swim 50m, Bike 2km, Run 500m.
- 6 - 10 YEARS (Cubs) - Swim 100m, Bike 4km, Run 1km.
- 11 - 15 YEARS (Bears) - Swim 150m, Bike 8km, Run 1.5km
ADULT TRI EVENTS
- TRY A TRI - Swim 100m, Bike 9km, Run 2km
- SHORT COURSE TRI - Swim 350m, Bike 9km, Run 3km
- LONG COURSE TRI - Swim 700m or Kayak 1500m, Bike 20km, Run 8.5km
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
Saturday, TBC, Pine Beach, Kai Iwi Lakes
- 08:00 am - KIDS TRIATHLON
- 09.45 am - BEAT THE CLOSURE- (See the description below)
- 09:45 am - LONG COURSE TRI
- 10:30 am - TRY A TRI
- 10:40 am - SHORT COURSE TRI
- 12:30 am - PRIZE GIVING
BEAT THE ROAD CLOSURE
Please note that all cars must be parked by 9:45am on race day before the main road heading into the lake (start line) closes for the bike leg. We cannot stress enough how important it is to arrive on time, as any latecomers will unfortunately be disappointed. The road will eventually re-open once the Traffic Management company deems it safe enough. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we strive to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for everyone involved.
If you opted to collect your race numbers:
- Pickup location – Sport Northland – 97 Western Hills Drive, Kensington, Whangarei
- Pickup from - Thursday, TBC- 8.00 am- 5.30 pm
- If you missed the bib collection, you could collect your bib number from the start line on race day. Allow plenty of time so you don't miss the start!
- Your event number will be supplied with pins; please attach this high on the front of your t-shirt or singlet.
Event numbers depending on which distance you registered in, will be coloured differently. The different colour bib numbers help us to know which distance you are in and to ensure you are heading in the right direction.
Once the bib numbers have been printed and you request to change distances (either upgrade or downgrade), you will need to be issued a new bib number. There will be a $5 charge for this as different distances have different on top of possibly paying the entry fee difference.
DRINK STATIONS- (Run course only)
Drink stations will be available at the 5km mark at the Promenade campgrounds and the finish.
SHOWERS & TOILETS
Public toilets, changing rooms and cold showers are available at Pine Beach Camp.
Portaloos will be located on the course at the 5km mark at he promenade camp grounds
All finishers will receive a medal
- This event (excluding kids event) is electronically timed.
- A timing mat will be positioned at the finish line.
- Runners will need to attach their bib number before heading out on the run leg to have their time recorded. This can be done anytime after the swim leg.
- No bib number, no time. All participants must wear a bib number not only for timing purposes but for Health and Safety reasons too.
We are pleased to announce that since discontinuing our Northland Secondary School Triathlon event, we have expanded the age categories for our short course triathlon event (originally known as the NSSSA Triathlon) to include under 19, under 16, and under 14; additionally, we have decided to include under 19 as an additional age category for the long course event. We believe that providing opportunities for young athletes to compete is crucial in creating a strong and dynamic triathlon community, and we are proud to celebrate their achievements.
Our event offers both short-course and long-course options, with age categories that cater to a wide range of abilities and experience levels. We are thrilled to announce that we will be awarding trophies for first place in each age category to recognise the outstanding achievements of our young athletes. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all athletes, and we look forward to welcoming participants of all skill levels to our event.
For health and safety reasons entrant age restrictions apply depending on the event.
Entrants under the age requirement may be given special dispensation to enter and compete in the short-distance course.
Please see HERE for the dispensation form.
In the unlikely event of cancellation, notice will be posted on the Sport Northland Events Facebook Page. Where possible attempts will be made to email participants who have supplied an email address with their entry. While we endeavour to make a decision to cancel an event as early as possible, due to the nature of such events, situations can occur quickly and without warning close to the start of an event.
75% refund - individuals withdrawing from - 27 January 2023 - 26 February 2023
50% refund - individuals withdrawing from - 27 February 2023 - 19 March 2023
25% refund - individuals withdrawing from - 20 March 2023 - 09 April 2023
From 10 April 2023-No Refunds
WHY CANT I GET ALL OF MY MONEY BACK?
In the event of a cancellation depending on where we are in terms of the planning phase, money has already been spent. Normally, if we are to cancel, it would be fairly close to the event, and in that case about 60-70% of costs have already incurred well before race week begins. There are staff costs (wages), purchasing equipment, marketing, accommodation (in some cases), clothing, medals, race bibs.... the list goes on.
The big 'hidden' (because you will never see them) costs are associated with health and safety compliance, operational planning, people planning, landowner access etc. This can (and do) add up to hundreds of hours of work.
For more information on our refunds policy click HERE