- Stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone that is sick.
- Practice proper health and hygiene methods for hand washing, hand sanitizing, sneezing and coughing.
- Wear a face cover when near others at event venues.
- Read all information from the event communication and signage leading up to the event. Follow safety instructions of race announcers and officials.
- Respect physical distancing and look for visual cues within the venue, packet pick up, and starting corrals.
- Respect others including other athletes, volunteers, course marshals, and spectators.
- Be self-reliant:
- Give others plenty of space at aid stations,
- carry your own fluids and nutrition using volunteer assistance minimal and
- encourage family and friends to observe physical distancing and stay home if sick.
- While training, carrying your hydration and nutrition and become self-reliant. Our partner Running Depot of Crystal Lake has a variety of hydration carrying options.
- Learn the course and nuances that are on the course.
- Train and come prepared to run/walk 13.1 miles.
- Locate packet pick up and reduce the spread of contact. Also utilize the mailing option for packet pick up.
- Pre-race stretching and corrals will be located in the ‘beach/grass” area of Main Beach. This will be done by number order and no more than 50 within the corral. These areas will be flagged off to designate specific areas for each group. They will be spaced 30 ft. apart from one another.
- Each corral will walk separately to the start line and be started as a group. Each corral will be sent off every 5-7 minutes behind the last group.
- Each group will corral will be determined by their finishing time. The slower walk runners will be sent off first. This is to keep the flow of the race manageable and allow all the racers to finish within a 4 hour period.
- Face coverings will be required at packet pick up, stretch zone, gear check, starting corrals and finish line area.
- Each runner must provide their own face covering (however, a disposable face covering will be provided if necessary).
- Hand Sanitizers will be placed throughout the starting and finishing areas of the course as well as the aid stations.
- Each corral will offer 50 slots. Participants will sign up for a slot, based on their finishing time. Starting with the slower walk/runners in the first group. Groups will go off every xxx minutes apart.
- Participants should space themselves out as best they can within the social distancing 6 foot rule as best as possible while traversing the course.
Bus Protocol –
- The bus company will assume all sanitizing and cleaning prior to the participants entering the bus.
- Face covering the nose and mouth will be required to enter the bus. A volunteer will check and direct each rider as they enter the bus.
- Every person who enters the bus will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering.
- No one will be allowed on the bus without face covering.
- Two per seat will be allowed.
- Hand sanitizer will be available prior to entering the bus for any person to you.
- Once all have exited the bus – a sanitizing wipe will be used to clean every seat within the bus prior to reloading participants.
Facility Rental Protocol: Main Beach
- Those individuals who choose not to ride the bus will be temperature checked as they walk into the Main Beach gates.
- All who enter the Main Beach gates must have face coverings on.
- Crystal Lake Park District building will have one entrance and one exit.
- The Crystal Lake Park District will follow the guidelines published by Restore Illinois Phase IV – Indoor & Outdoor Recreations Guidelines and Meeting and Social Events Guidelines.
- Packet pick up inside will have 6 ft. markers for those waiting in line for packets.
- At the finish line, the runners will cross the line, given hydration, food, offered medical assistance, given their awards medal, opportunity for a photo, a shaded seated area will be offered.
- Then racers will be shown where their cars are located to walk back post-race.