The following rules regarding athlete participation were adopted by the Crested Butte Nordic - Trails & Events Committee on 11/24/21.
Grand Traverse Ski
- Must compete as a Team composed of two athletes. No more, no less.
- Minimum age of each teammate to participate as an independent team - 18 years of age.
- Athletes ages 16 & 17 may participate as a member of a team accompanied by an adult teammate, a minimum 21 years of age.
- Each athlete must carry Mandatory Gear items as outlined on the event webpage.
Gear must pass inspection through the Athlete Clearance process. Teams must start and finish the race with all required gear.
- Racers must compete on skis (no splitboards permitted).
Grand Traverse Run & Bike
- Minimum age to participate as an independent athlete - 18 years of age.
- Athletes ages 16 & 17 may participate provided they are accompanied by a registered adult companion, a minimum 21 years of age.
- Both the minor athlete and their guardian companion will sign a Racer Affirmation agreeing to maintain constant visual contact throughout the entirety of the race course.