The GS course begins at the Sky House lodge at the summit of Schweitzer and finishes at the Outback lodge at the base of the mountain, 2,400 vertical feet and nearly 2 ½ miles of skiing. To the best of our knowledge, this is the longest GS race in the US! The race is for alpine, telemark skiers and snowboarders of all abilities. The unique format of the race will allow for passing even though the run is timed. Seeding for the race will also be unique as participant fundraising efforts will determine which seed they will start in (ie.- the top 10 fundraisers will start in the 1st seed, etc.) Seeds for participants without fundraising will be sorted randomly based on skiing ability to limit the amount of passing that will occur on course. Although there will be teams of 2 or 4 people, fundraising will be tracked at the individual level, and will only count towards that individuals start seed.
After finishing your first run you can swing into the Outback lodge to warm up before heading up Stella for your second race run down Zip Down on a fresh course. Combined times for both races will determine the race winners for the event.
After your second race, head back to the Mountain View Patio for a BBQ (included with your event registration). Awards for the race will follow lunch.
Teams will ski and ride for prizes, bragging rights and most importantly fundraising for Cystinosis research and Hank’s future.
Make sure to check out the online auction that closes at 9:00pm on March 26th!
Money raised until Thursday night at 5 PM PST will count for race starting position
Top fundraiser – You will want to win this! Cut off Saturday at 6:00am
2400 Feet of Schweitzer Preliminary Schedule
Friday: March 24
Noon Online registration closes
4pm- 6pm Race check-in and late registration on the Mountain View Patio
Saturday: March 25
5 - 6:15am Race check-in and late registration on the Mountain View Patio
6:20am Mandatory Pre-race meeting on the Mountain View Patio.
Load the chairlift immediately following the pre-race meeting.
7am The 2400 GS Begins! The Skyhouse will be open for restroom access only
9:30am Zipdown Race begins
10:30am BBQ lunch at the Mountain View patio followed by Awards
Afternoon Enjoy the mountain!
3:00 - 6:00pm Après Ski Party in Taps
A few details
- Helmets are required. You will need your own helmet – logistically there is no way to borrow a helmet from another participant.
- Parents and friends will be able to load the lift as a foot passenger to see the start of the race. The credentials for the upload will be available at registration and a release of liability will be required. No skis or boards please. You will have access only to the start area at the top of the mountain and will need to download immediately following the start.
- You need your credential to load the lift. You will also need your season pass or a lift ticket. The ticket office will not be open on Saturday morning so please contact guest services on Friday if you intend to redeem a coupon.
- Please do not ski or wander out of the defined race area. The groomers are still out on the mountain.
- Your registration includes lunch starting at 10:30am on the Mountain View Patio. Awards will follow lunch.
Have fun and know you are appreciated!
$80.00Jan 6 - Mar 24
$125.00Jan 6 - Mar 24
3 G's 4 Hank
Whiskey Jack CrewRaised:
Mile High Mayhem
Alpine Social ClubRaised:
|View fundraiser page for Carson
|View page for Carson
|View fundraiser page for Henry
|View page for Henry
|View fundraiser page for Matt
|View page for Matt
|View fundraiser page for Andy
|View page for Andy
|View fundraiser page for Luke
|View page for Luke
|View fundraiser page for Crosby
|View page for Crosby
|View fundraiser page for Brandon
|View page for Brandon
|View fundraiser page for Avalon
|View page for Avalon
|View fundraiser page for Ashlyn
|View page for Ashlyn
|View fundraiser page for Avery
|View page for Avery
- Event contact
- Mary Weber-Quinn