This race starts at the Beautiful Marsden Estate Winery. This race is largely downhill and perfect for all ages. Get together with friends and family, enjoy a Saturday stroll, or challenge yourself on this quick little course.
Following the event, enjoy lunch on the domain while you groove away any aches and pains to live music. Don't forget about the Kerikeri Street Party, located in the heart of Kerikeri CBD where you can sample wonderful food, wine, and many other local specialties or just dance the evening away.
EVENT INFO & RULES
BIB NUMBERS AND MERCHANDISE COLLECTION
Bib numbers and merchandise can be collected from the organized collection dates below:
- Pickup location – Sport Northland – 97 Western Hills Drive, Kensington, Whangarei
- Pickup Thursday 16 November 2023 – 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Pickup location –Cornerstone Community Center
- Pickup Friday 17 November 2023 – 12.00 pm-8.00 pm
Your bib number will be supplied with pins; please attach this high to the front of your t-shirt or singlet. Bib numbers are coloured differently to help us identify which distance you are in, and to ensure you catch the correct bus and that you are at the correct start line
REFUNDS AND TRANSFERS
Click HERE for the Refunds & Transfer structure. It is the same structure as the 21km
5km - Garmin version HERE
Available at the following locations
See the Parking Diagram HERE
Surrounding areas in the Kerikeri CBD
Bus trips are free and depart from Hobson Ave outside GJ Gardner Homes.
Buses will run from 6.30am - 6.50am
Bus trips will take approx. 10 minutes
No buses will return to the start area from the finish after the event. We recommended that you catch the free buses.
No buses are leaving from Paihia for the 5k
The start area will be based at the Marsden Estate Winery and Restaurant
The 5km event will start at 7.30am.
For health & safety reasons the Event Organisers reserve the right to modify the start times if required.
Hand in your gear to the administration marshals. There will be luggage labels with the marshals, please clearly write down your race number and tie the label to your gear and hand it in.
You will be required to bring your own bag for your gear. This makes it easier for the marshals to locate it for you.
You can collect your bag from the truck at the finish area on the Kerikeri Domain before 12.30 pm (event numbers must be shown).
Event organisers will not accept responsibility for lost or stolen gear.
5KM AID STATIONS
A Drink Station & Portaloos are located approximately at the 2km mark and at the finish line.
TIMING AND RESULTS
The event will use a timing system.
All participants will have their time recorded by an electronic strip connected to the back of their event number.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are wearing the event number that has been registered to you.
Please do not mix these up with other participants.
Gun time will be used for official results.
Photos4sale provides a robust online platform capable of handling large numbers of images. Images are identified by bib numbers (by the human eye for accuracy and flexibility) and then offered for sale directly to athletes.
We believe in the honesty and judgment of our customers and offer images with no fixed price. Photos4sale customers pay what they want!
Prizegiving will be held on the Kerikeri Domain at approximately 12.00 pm.
Prizes will be given to the following categories. Top 3 Male and Female Finishers.
Participants must be present at the prizegiving and show their event number to claim their spot prize.
The spot prize draw: There will a be rip off tag at the bottom of your race number. If you are going to stay around for the prize-giving at 12pm please rip off the tag and place it in the Sports Prize Container after you cross the finish line.
In the case of bad weather leading to the cancellation of prize-giving, all prize winners will be notified the week following the event and listed on the event website and Facebook.
The Suzuki Swift from Pacific Motor Group will be won by a Northland adult entrant from the seven-event series who has opted into the Pacific Motor Group Promotion at of entry.
Prams are permitted to enter in both the 5km and 21km events
EVENT SAFETY INFORMATION
- No DOGS
- No SKATEBOARDS OR SCOOTERS OR BIKES
- The event is held on public roads. Always treat all roads as open and expect oncoming and overtaking traffic.
- Please obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Take extreme care when approaching driveways and side roads – expect vehicles.
- Where there is a lane coned for participants, you are always required to remain within the cones.
- Marshals will be wearing high-visibility vests and are there for your safety. Always follow their instructions and those of the event organisers.
- There will be a lead bike preceding the first participant (for the on-road section of the course) and a tail marshal following the last participant. If assistance is required, please stop and wait for the tail marshal or notify the nearest marshal.
- No animals (except guide dogs) are permitted to accompany participants during the event.
- Footpaths and footbridges are to be used where available.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
In the unlikely event of cancellation notice will be given on Northland’s More FM 91.6 and on our Facebook Page. Where possible attempts will be made to email participants, who have supplied an email address with their entry. While we will endeavor to make a decision to cancel an event as early as possible due to the nature of such events situations can occur quickly and without warning close to the start of an event.