Northland Waste Kerikeri Half Marathon and 5K FAQs
BIB NUMBERS AND MERCHANDISE COLLECTION
Bib numbers and merchandise can be collected from the organized collection dates below:
- Pickup location – Sport Northland – 97 Western Hills Drive, Kensington, Whangarei
- Pickup Thursday 16 November 2023 – 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Pickup location –Cornerstone Community Center
- Pickup Friday 17 November 2023 – 12.00 pm-8.00 pm
Your bib number will be supplied with pins; please attach this high to the front of your t-shirt or singlet. Bib numbers are coloured differently to help us identify which distance you are in, and to ensure you catch the correct bus and that you are at the correct start line
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
- Professionally timed/Digital Certificate
- Personalized Bib (must be registered 28 days prior)
- Drink stations
- Medical support
- Spot Prizes
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 6: 30 am- 6.50 am- Buses from Kerikeri- (Outside G.J Gardener on Hobson Ave)
- 6: 30 am- Registration Opens (5k Start Area)
- 6: 50 am- Last 5k Bus Leaves from Kerikeri
START TIMES / SAFETY BRIEFING
- 7: 20 am- Compulsory Safety Briefing
- 7: 30 am- Race Starts
HALF MARATHON INFO
- 5: 15 am- 6.30 am Buses from Kerikeri- (Outside Toilet block on Cobham Road)
- 5: 30 am- Registration Opens (21k Start Area)
- 6: 00 am- Last bus leaves from Paihia
- 6: 30 am- Last 21k Bus Leaves from Kerikeri
START TIMES / SAFETY BRIEFING
- 6: 45 am- Compulsory Safety Briefing (All)
Individual Half Marathon event start times:
- 6.55 am - Wheelchairs/Race Chairs
- 7.00 am - Runners
- 7.20 am - Competitive Walkers
- 7.25 am - Hybrid (Run/Walkers)
- 7.30 am - Walkers
- 12: 00 pm- Prize Giving (Kerikeri Domain) all distances
PARKING AND TRANSPORT
Parking is available at the following locations
For a parking Diagram for the Domain see HERE
Surrounding areas in the Kerikeri CBD
- Buses are free
- Bus trips are free and depart from Hobson Ave, Outside GJ Gardner Homes.
- Buses will run from 6.30 am - 6.50 am
- Bus trips will take approx. 10 minutes
- No buses will return to the start area from the finish after the event. We recommend that you catch the free buses.
- No buses are leaving from Paihia for the 5k
- Participants will be picked up from Cobham Road outside the public toilet block from 5:15 am-6.30 am
- Runners must catch buses before 6:20 am
- Bus trips from Kerikeri Domain take 30 – 40 minutes.
- People who wish to catch the bus from Paihia can do so from outside the Fullers GreatSights Paihia Office at 6:00 am. You will be dropped off at the start line
- Buses to return to Paihia from Kerikeri Domain at 1.00 pm
There will be an early Ferry departing from Russell to Paihia at 5.45 am thanks to Northland Ferries. The 6.00 am bus from Paihia for the half marathon participants will wait for this ferry to arrive before departing.
5Km Event - Marsden Estate Winery & Restaurant
Half Marathon - The start area will be on Waiare Road, Okaihau just off State Highway 1.
See HERE for more info on the events courses.
TIMING AND RESULTS
- The event will use a timing system.
- All participants will have their time recorded by an electronic strip connected to the back of their event number.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you wear the event number that has been registered to you.
- Please do not mix these up with other participants.
- Gun time will be used for official results.
Photos4sale provides a robust online platform capable of handling large numbers of images. Images are identified by bib numbers (by the human eye for accuracy and flexibility) and then offered for sale directly to athletes.
We believe in the honesty and judgment of our customers and offer images with no fixed price. Photos4sale customers pay what they want!
- Portaloos, including the start and finish lines, are located approximately every 5km on the course.
- Aid stations on the course are located at approximately 4.5km, 9km, 13.5km, 18km & the finish line.
- RLine Electrolyte hydration will be available at every aid station on the course.
- There is a limited water supply at the start - please fill your water bottles at home prior to the event.
- There is a self-service drink station located in the Kerikeri domain.
- A luggage truck will pop your luggage on at the start. There will also be luggage labels with the marshals. Please clearly write down your race number, tie the label to your bag, and hand it to our marshals at the luggage truck at the start line.
- You will be required to bring your own bag for your gear. This makes it easier for the marshals to locate it for you.
- You can collect your bag from the truck at the finish area on the Kerikeri Domain before 12.30 pm (event numbers must be shown).
- All gear will be taken on the luggage truck, but event organizers will not accept responsibility for lost or stolen gear.
- A minimum of 3 team members (male and female; runner or walkers) must be entered into the half marathon distance.
- The top 3 fastest times in the half marathon will be added together. The top 3 times must consist of at least one female. The fastest female time within the team will be used.
- The winner of this challenge will be the team who has the fastest aggregate time. The prize is a trophy plus 100 Dollars.
- Prizegiving will be held on the Kerikeri Domain at approximately 12.00 pm.
- Prizes will be given to the following categories. Top 3 Male and Female Finishers. Top 3 Male and Female Competitive Walkers. Overall Wheelchair/Race chair Winner.
- Participants must be present at the prizegiving and show their event number to claim their spot prize.
- The spot prize draw: There will a be rip off tag at the bottom of your race number. If you are going to stay around for the prize-giving at 12pm please rip off the tag and place it in the Spot Prize Container after you cross the finish line.
- In the case of bad weather leading to the cancellation of prize-giving, all prize winners will be notified the week following the event and listed on the event website and Facebook.
- The Suzuki Swift from Pacific Motor Group will be won by a Northland adult entrant from the seven-event series who has opted into the Pacific Motor Group Promotion at of entry.
An official road closure has been approved. Marshals will not allow public vehicle access onto the event route at times listed on the map here.
Prams are permitted to enter in both the 5km and 21km events
EVENT SAFETY INFORMATION
- The event is held on public roads. Always treat all roads as open at all times and expect oncoming and overtaking traffic .
- Please obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Take extreme care when approaching driveways and side roads – expect vehicles.
- Where there is a lane coned for participants, you are always required to remain within the cones
- Marshals will be wearing high-visibility vests and are there for your safety. Always follow their instructions and those of the event organisers .
- There will be a lead bike preceding the first participant (for the on-road section of the course) and a tail marshal following the last participant. Please stop and wait for the tail marshal or notify the nearest marshal if assistance is required.
- Footpaths and footbridges are to be used where available.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 16.
- For age Dispensation to participate in the Half Marathon event under the age of 16 please see the form HERE
- You must complete the marked course on foot (considerations for wheelchairs).
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted.
- Your race bib must always be visible on the front of your body.
- Earphones must be turned off when entering a road crossing.
- If you need First Aid help on the course you must attract the attention of a either a marshal, another runner or go to the nearest drink station or to the finish line.
- If another competitor is in trouble, you must stop to help them.
- If you withdraw from the event, report to the admin tent at the finish line. Please Do NOT leave without informing someone.
- All competitors will be allowed to finish the race in their own time – within reason. Race officials can, and will, withdraw competitors from the course if required.
- Use of profanity or aggression towards race officials or other competitors will result in immediate disqualification from the event. If you have a problem with the event management, speak directly to the race organiser or race director, rather than the volunteers/marshal.
- Do Not Litter – Put your rubbish in the bins provided at the drink stations and the start/finish.
- Pets/Dogs anywhere along the course are prohibited – this applies to competitors and volunteers.
- Prams are allowed.
- Due to safety considerations we do not allow bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades and animals (e.g. dogs).
In the unlikely event of cancellation notice will be given on Northland’s More FM 91.6 and on our Facebook Page. Where possible attempts will be made to email participants, who have supplied an email address with their entry. While we will endeavour to make a decision to cancel an event as early as possible due to the nature of such events situations can occur quickly and without warning close to the start of an event.