If you made it out to the 2020 Running USA Industry conference, we hope you had an awesome time! Our team really enjoyed connecting with organizers throughout the week and seeing many of you at our VIP events on Saturday and Sunday. This recap summarizes our experience at RUSA and some takeaways from the Race Roster education session on Sunday that you may want to activate this coming event season.
Like every year, the connections made at this year’s conference are a highlight. As presenting sponsor, we are proud to be engaged with the Running USA directors and staff team. The women’s networking event and panel was awesome, a shout out to Melissa and Sara from She.is.beautiful for their work in organizing it. Getting together in person is a reminder of the great people in our industry doing solid work in communities across the globe.
There were some emerging themes from the education sessions as we lean into this new decade. It is clear that our industry is evolving at a rapid pace, from security and sustainability, to delivering an exceptional customer experience at the time of registration through the finish line. On the marketing side, it’s never been more important to tailor your communications to the consumer and drive brand affiliation. Lastly, we saw huge value in having more timing sessions as part of the educational component of the conference.
In our Sunday education session, we covered features to activate this coming year. Some are new and others are favorites.
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of Race Roster features you may want to activate this coming event season:
- Product Sales: Features have been added to the products suite to allow for up-selling, discounting, and purchasing outside of registration. Offer a discount for product opt-outs or up-charge for a technical shirt. Drive brand affiliation by marketing lifestyle items that can be purchased by participants during registration or afterwards from your event store.
Learn more about the participant store
- Inventory Management: This new tool has been built to help your team manage event items in storage lockers and warehouses. Ideal for timers and production companies – if you’d like to turn on this feature to see if it is a fit for your organization, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Inventory Management Tool:
Track equipment with ease using the inventory management tool
Agenda view & GPS capabilities added to the Inventory Management Tool
- Photo Galleries: Collaborate with event partners to upload race photos and allow our intelligent tagging technology to do the heavy lifting for you. Add and customize watermarks, sort your photos into groups, and use bib search technology to guide the participant to their images.
Learn more about Race Roster’s Photo App
Some more favorites to consider:
- Import registration question options in bulk (new!)
- Offer Protecht Insurance to help reduce refund requests
- Sell corporate registrations in bulk
- Sign up for registration insights by email
- Customize your onsite check-in display to give your volunteers everything they need to know
- Explore check-in and bib assignment with bar code scanners
If you’d like to activate any of the above, please reach out to us a firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Customer Success Manager.
Want updates straight to your inbox?
Reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know if you’d like to subscribe to our email newsletter.